Jul 21, 2012

Frilled to bits

Months ago, I saw this tute over at Sewing in No Mans Land. I actually saw the tute and made the dress that same night, but because the weather here has been a bit chilly to be out in a sleeveless dress, it has remained unblogged - until now.


I made the dress out of some pink cotton interlock and some scraps of dusty rose coloured satin I'd had for years - it was actually an extra metre of fabric I'd bought when I had my bridesmaids dresses made so that I could make some matching ties for the groomsmen. There wasn't really enough of it left to do anything with, but I kept it in my scrap basket all that time anyway, because I am a scrap hoarder. The finished dress was pretty heavy because of the weight of the fabric, and I could see it turning out better in something lighter to be honest, but it was still a fun project. I think my favourite part was piecing together all the ruffles on the front and back panels of the dress. Not having to sew any hems was pretty good as well!


Look at those ruffles - love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment