Katherine chose some seersucker fabric from my fabric cupboard (we got it from Spotlight). I actually had this fabric in mind for a less fussy summer shirt but 4 year old's can't be reasoned with, haha. For the shorts I used what I think is a poly-cotton blend drill fabric, from my Nanna's stash that I recently raided on a trip to my mum's house! This set is a 3T. I thought about using the 4T length for the tunic but I was happy for it to be a shorter-length top rather than a tunic length for this time.
As with all Oliver + S patterns, it's the little details that really make them special. I love these little sleeve cuffs on this top. I didn't make a buttonhole with these like you are supposed to though, I just stitched the button straight on. I used fabric covered buttons I made up in the same fabric as the top.
You can see on the shorts photo up top that I also trimmed the pockets with some piping and popped some fabric covered buttons on there as well.
The pattern didn't call for buttons at the front, but I thought some fabric covered buttons would be a nice touch here too. The edges of the collar look puckered here, but honestly, they aren't (I had a panic and checked them after seeing this photo!). I think it's just the texture of the fabric that makes them look a bit wrinkly on the edges.
To top it all off, I made a little twisted fabric flower hair clip out of some scraps. I think this is a really cute little set and I can't wait until it's warm enough to be worn!