Aug 14, 2012

Nightie Night!

Last night as I was getting the girls ready for bed, Katherine asked if she could wear her nightie instead of her pj's.  Well, she only has summer nighties, and even though spring is supposedly only a few weeks away, it's still been getting down around 0 degrees at night here.  I remember when I was a little girl, my Nanna/s (and probably mum too) used to make us these adorable "old fashioned" winter nighties that were all flannelette and lace and frills.  In fact, I don't recall ever wearing winter pajamas... probably until I was much older anyway... it was always nighties.  Or at least, it was always the nighties that were memorable!

So last night I told Katherine that I would make her a winter nightie.  I had some flannelette that she picked out at the beginning of winter that I'd previously promised I would make her some pjs out of, but I figured if it hadn't happened by now, it probably wasn't going to happen any time soon.  So I set about cutting into it - I didn't have a pattern, but took some basic measurements and borrowed some inspiration from a quick Google image search.  This is how it ended up:


The nightie is just a tad too big, but I don't think it's anything a couple of rounds in the dryer won't fix.    She insisted on wearing it tonight, so it's a big success all round!  The only thing was that I couldn't get a decent photo of her actually *wearing* it, but you'll just have to believe me when I say it looks very cute on!


No comments:

Post a Comment