May 5, 2012

Bugs and Flowers

When we were out and about the other day, Katherine insisted we buy a packet of these cute ladybug buttons. I already had the red fabric to make my niece's trench coat with and thought to myself that if there was any left over, I'd make a hopscotch skirt for Katherine with ladybug buttons down the front.



It wasn't until after the skirt was made up that I realised the buttons were far too big. But by then I had my heart set on a ladybug skirt and so I found some cute buttons on ebay specifically for that purpose! I'm glad I did - Katherine declared the end result "so toot!" and so in the end it was all worth it.


I really love the Oliver + S Hopscotch skirt - I've made it quite a few times now.   I love how it's got a flat front and the elastic at the back. I really like the buttons down the front too.  The pockets are a bit of a pain to get right so if I just want to whip something up quickly I leave them off.  Shhh, don't tell anyone!


This was one I made out of some drill I saw in the remnant box while standing in line at Spotlight.  I think it cost me $2.  I had just enough to make the skirt - without the pockets. 


Both skirts were a size 3T with a bit of added length.  They are still a bit big on her but this way they will see her through the year.  I think the ladybug one will look adorable in winter with the tights and just the right top.  Any suggestions as to what I could pair it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment