I didn't have a pattern, but I thought it looked simple enough to tackle without one. I cut a front and back piece, making them much wider than what I needed so I could gather the top in with pleats. I also made up a bunch of bias strips for the edges and straps. I knew I wanted about half a dozen pleats, but I didn't care about the size of them - I figured I would just pinch them in until the bodice was the width I needed. I wasn't sure what to do about the back - I knew it wouldn't fit over Katherine's head the way it was, and I briefly thought about putting an elastic casing in but in the end I decided to cut it right down the middle and put buttons right down the back. I sewed it up, attached the bias strips and popped a couple of buttons on the front. Here it is:
Closer view of the pleats at the front.
And buttons down the back. I'm not sure if it will be too broad across the back yet - I'll have to try it on Katherine when she gets home - it's day care day today.
While I had the camera out, I thought I may as well take a picture of these pintuck tunics I made recently. I had never sewn pintucks before and decided to teach myself, with some help from Google!
A blue one.
And one in gorgeous Japanese lawn that I picked up on special from Spotlight.
Bonus - I managed to get shots of them being modelled!